11.18.2009

birthday surprise


today is quincy's last day as a 5 year old. there is no school for her tomorrow so when i pulled up i saw something that looked a little like this:
i apologize that it's sideways. i can't seem to switch it on this computer. but you get the idea. don't you love the "double lollie" with her little teeth marks all over it in her hand? she talked about double lollies and what it was like having a birthday at school for the first time the entire way home. double lollies are kind of like giant smarties but in one clump...so they make a big sucker. they are quincy's favorite candy. some of the other things she got to do at school for her birthday included: being the line leader for the WHOLE day, picking the sentence the class learned to read-she picked "werthers wednesday" because werthers are her other favorite candy, wearing that neat sparkly crown ALL day-except for recess...she left it on her desk for recess and her friend sara sat and picked lots of the glitter out of her hair, and my personal favorite: riding on the "good choice chair ride." up to this point i was just listening and thinking "oh how cute." but then she starts going on and on about something she keeps calling the good choice chair ride...
me: "wait a minute...what did you just say?"

quincy: "i rided on the good choice chair ride after recess..."

me: "um...what on earth is that..."

quincy: "we use miss club's chair and we take it all the way down to the gym and she spins us super super fast for a long time on it for our birthday."

me: "miss club takes the class down to the gym and uses her wheely chair to spin the birthday kid around?..."

quincy: "yep! it's sooooo fun!"

me: "did you scream?"

quincy:

me: "wow...hmm....wwwwoooowww...maybe someday i'll get a ride on the good choice chair ride for my birthday..."

how much weirder/awesome can the world get?

ps i just ate a laffy taffy...this was the joke on it. question: what would you do without your memories? answer: forget. well....duh....is it just me or are you not understanding why that is a joke either?....

hahahahahhahahahha. oh dear.


2 comments:

Chrishaws said...

She is my rock and my rolling thunder, I've been the spell she was under I, I love that girl. She is my cigarettes and champagne, She's got me strong but I'm not running,I,I love that girl. I, I love that girl. She is the days I can't get over. She is the nights that I call home. Endlessly. For you I'll always wait. Caught in the waves of hesitation, lost in the sea of my own doubt, endlessly. For you I'll always wait. For you I'll always wait. She is the flame in the fire, she's raging, I've been the spark in the war she's waging I, I love that girl. She came along and she spoke so sweetly, changed everything, took my heart completely I, I love that girl. I, I love that girl. She is the days I can't get over. She is the nights that I call home. Endlessly. For you I'll always wait. caught in the waves of hesitation, lost in the sea of my own doubt, endlessly. For you I'll always wait. In city bars and empty cars, it's 3am I wonder where you are. And the crooked smiles, and the worn out miles between us, and I wonder where you are. She is the days I can't get over. She is the nights that I call home. Endlessly. For you I'll always wait. Caught in the waves of hesitation, lost in the sea of my own doubt, endlessly. For you I'll always wait. For you I'll always wait. For you I'll always wait.

Green River Ordinance, 'Endlessly'

Dione said...

Happy Birthday to Quincy and Aubree! I think Aubree deserves a spin in the good choice chair! I love the Que - I miss her bad!