8.10.2011

take it or leave it.

i like Polaroid pictures.
and i like to drink my soda from a can.
i like to drive with my windows down.
mostly because i like it when the wind plays with my hair.
i like messy hair.
i like peter pan.
i like vintage things.
sometimes i have to spit when i run.
sometimes i have to spit a lot when i run.
and i sweat a lot too.
i get morning breath.
and i have body odor.
yet i'm a classically trained pianist.
and i'm well read in classic literature.
i know how to walk in heels.
i can even do it naturally and with good posture.
and i clean up alright.
i know how to use proper english.
in fact i always do.
i have a problem of laughing at all the times that i shouldn't.
so naturally i laugh at all the times i should.
i laugh at immature things.
i like sharing stories that are real.
even the ones that speak of bodily functions.
i feel like they happen and should not be hidden.
i don't think that makes me rude.
i know where to stop.
i cry when i hurt.
i cry when i laugh.
the more i live the more the two are beginning to tie.
i like to call that success.
i can't make decisions.
yet i know what i like.
i have a temper.
i'm the meanest softie there is.
i blame my red hair.
yes i've got a big flamin' ponytail.
i've got the freckles to match.
i always say sorry even if it takes me a minute.
i grew up polite.
i always say please and thank you.
i know how to have table manners.
it's just my clumsiness that gets in the way.
i like fresh vegetables.
i like to read.
i like my job(s).
i like chalky, callused hands.
i don't mind scabs and bruises.
i like proof that i'm alive.
i like it when my cat bites my toes to wake me up.
and i don't mind her hairs.
i don't even mind it when she steals a taste of my ice cream bar.
i like it when things are clean.
but i don't like wasting time.
i like flowers.
i don't mind that they die.
i like the way they make me love them while their here,
because i know they'll be gone.
thus, i like contentment.
i like to sleep.
but i don't like missing out on life.
i like spontaneity.
yet i like consistency.
i like the idea of finding the child of the two.
i day dream of traveling; amongst other things.
i like words.
i like imperfection.
and most of all i like the people who can see past the "im."



3 comments:

Camille Spence said...

Yup, pretty much sums up my Cailie. Wouldn't change you for anything!

cailie said...

thanks mom. i've recently had the frustration of certain someones letting me know they're not okay with some of that. and i thought long and hard and decided i'm perfectly okay without them and perfectly okay being my spaz of a self. i get it from you AND logan. haha ;)

Pete Pithai Smithsuth said...

I like this poem Cailie.

and I like you.

but you knew that.